Home    My Shop

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Signs of Spring!

For weeks (AND weeks) we have had rain rain RAIN. Not the normal Seattle rain, which I like to compare to the misters in the produce section of the grocery store, but heavy, drenching, there is no way I am leaving my house today, rain. The sound of the rain can be soothing but after two weeks straight it was starting to unnerve me.

We have a lot of grey days here in the northwest, but, when we have a clear day, few places can compare. We have mountains, trees, the water, and it is so green. (Thanks to all that rain.) Here, let me give you an example..

35325_406965913230_535888230_4623310_3446740_n

The last two days have been gorgeous! Yesterday I spotted blossoms on the trees which warmed me inside and brought a smile to my face. So, how apropos that I should list this favorite dessert pedestal that I have been holding onto all winter.

cake plate 5a

I love this little demur bird perched among the blossoms. I can never get enough black and white especially when it is paired with a pop of sunny saffron.

cake plate 5d   cake plate 5e

I hope this little creation makes you smile. Find this unique piece and others here.

I hope the sun is shining where you are!

-Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment