Home    My Shop

Monday, March 28, 2011

Double the Fun!

I have a friend, Sarah.
She is a SUPER mom with 6 kids from 8 years down to 1 year of age. The youngest are twins. PHEW!
P.S. She looks fabulous and also does my graphic design.
The twins turned 1 this past week.
Hooray!
Sarah asked me to make them something special to wear to their party.
Question: What theme do you do for a birthday party for twins who
are children # 5 and 6?
I was inspired by this adorable little guy that I found on Etsy.
He is made by Contemori. The whole shop is adorable.
strong mad circus
Can you tell where I am going with this?
Step right up for the greatest show on Earth, the…

Circus

Sarah and I had a good laugh about this theme being so fitting.
I used a color palette of turquoise blue, raspberry red, and black and white.
I mixed different prints from Tina Givens, Michael Miller, and basic stripes and dots.

I did an appliqued onesie for each of them. Parley had a bowtie and suspenders with a boutonniere.
Veda had a pretty cake a top a pedestal, decorated with flowers and the #1.
I also made a special skirt for Veda.
It is a two tier skirt.
The top layer is waistband and strip work skirt finished with a ruffle.
The second tier is an underskirt finished with a double ruffle.
It features a cotton stripe and a tulle layer that alternates color.
It was very full and whimsical and FUN! As my dear friend Eva puts it,
“trim, trim, dripping with trim”
Are you ready?
*
*
*
*
*
*
Ok now I will show them to you : )
2011-03-22_14-47-27_312

2011-03-22_14-46-20_362  2011-03-22_14-48-19_773 (2)

Are you ready to see photos from their party? Gasp! SOOO Cute!
march 22 2011 09595
We added bands and medallions to the top hats.
 Little Veda!
march 22 2011 050  march 22 2011 024  march 22 2011 047
Little Parley!
march 22 2011 058  march 22 2011 102  march 22 2011 080
These were a joy to create!
Happy Birthday
to 2 little ones
who round out a beautiful family!
-Tara

Want something custom for a special day? Contact me.

3 comments:

  1. So adorable and so creative! Thematic design is your forte! Trim, trim...dripping with trim ;) of course, Sarah would have amazingly coordinated polka dot recovered high chairs. Love all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh!!! I love this clothings, so cute!!!
    I'm happy my guy ispired you! Enjoy!
    Thanks, Laura

    ReplyDelete