Home    My Shop

Friday, March 11, 2011

Birthday Tree

My first attempt at blogging from my phone...yipee!

Ok, so I love holidays! My favorites are Christmas and Halloween. Partly what I enjoy about these holidays are all the things leading up to them. For Halloween, it is the decorations and of course making my childrens' costumes! For Christmas, it is the music, decorations, baking, family time, and the spirit of the season. Even though it is sometimes a let down when these holidays are done, I am even more disappointed when a holiday comes and goes and I feel I didn't get to savor it.


My point: The fun of ANTICIPATION!
This is what makes this next idea so great.

The Birthday Tree
(apologies for the photo, it is a picture of a picture. I was making use of my time in the waiting room at the dentist office perusing magazines. This was from Family Fun)


A month before the child's birthday, this adorable pink artificial tree is trimmed with mini presents, fun birthday candles, and a balloon on top. It is so cute! I am bursting with trim ideas! As the month progresses, presents are added under the tree to build birthday anticipation. What kid wouldn't love that?
I have a little white tree and am so excited to try this for my son's
upcoming birthday in April.
Stay tuned....
-Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment