Home    My Shop

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Sara’s Room Gets A Surprise Makeover

This past December, our Sara had the amazing opportunity to visit our good friends, and once neighbors the Grahams, in Australia! She was gone for 3 and 1/2 weeks including Christmas. Although the separation was tough, the experience was amazing AND it gave me the perfect opportunity to surprise her when she got home.

Before

1218

1220  1213

The bed and the dresser were total scores on Craiglist. I love the bamboo detail on the dresser! I found the nightstand at Value Village for $5. I think the knobs on it alone cost that much. The duvet is a “Dottie” duvet by PB Teen. I got it for half at this great store in Salt Lake City called Down East Home. Sara loves dots. She also loves “Tiffany box blue”. So the paint choice was easy.

After

2010-12-29_19-22-46_344

The paint color is really pretty and soft. The nightstand now blends in with the wall which is helpful in a small bedroom. I made the drapery panels for our youngest daughter’s nursery several years ago, but they were perfect to reuse. They are black and white toile lined with black out fabric, perfect for napping babies….. and teenagers who want to sleep in. The adorable polka dot cream sheers are Thomas O’Brien for Target (circa 2006).

I took the picture above just before leaving for the airport to pick her up. Sara was so excited when she returned home and saw it.

I am so happy that my little world traveler has returned home!

Stay tuned for updates on this….we’re not finished yet!

-Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment